16 de setembro de 2005

Nova Orleães: o que pensa Branford Marsalis?

Marsalis-Branford-sm3.jpg

Branford Marsalis, filho legítimo de Nova Orleães, é um dos jazzmen que está a apoiar a angariação de fundos para os músicos desta cidade afectados pelo Katrina.

As suas palavras sobre esta catástrofe são tristemente premonitórias...

"When the world's attention turns way from this disaster, there will be tens of thousands of New Orleaneans without a place to live".

Marsalis tem sido naturalmente questionado por muitas pessoas relativamente à situação da própria família, o que o levou a emitir uma declaração oficial, divulgada no seu site:

Folks have been asking about my family in New Orleans in light of the onslaught of Hurricane Katrina. I wanted to thank you all for your concern and let you know that my family evacuated before the storm hit and they are safe and doing fine.

I am grateful for this, but despair as I watch my city being submerged. It?s hard to see this happening to my home and the people of New Orleans. My thoughts are with our friends and neighbors in this difficult time and I ask you to support them in any way you can as I surely will.

1 Comments:

At sexta set. 16, 12:23:00 da tarde 2005, Anonymous Anónimo said...

Pelas explicações técnicas e pelas imagens que estou a ver no telejornal da SIC, em Lisboa há sérios riscos de afundamento pelo caneiro de Alcântara abaixo.

Bater na madeira 3 vezes.

 

Enviar um comentário

<< Home


Site Meter Powered by Blogger